The recently announced Small Business – Business Basics Grant presents a unique opportunity for Queensland businesses. A grant of up to $5,000 is available for new and emerging businesses in Queensland, which is designed to provide support to these businesses to increase their core skills and help to adopt best practices.
In this blog article the WorkDash team will be breaking down everything you need to know about the Small Business – Business Basics Grant, including who is eligible, how to apply and what the grant can be used for.
Who Is Eligible For The Grant?
In order to be eligible for the Small Business – Business Basics Grant, Queensland businesses will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Have less than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have an active ABN (Australian Business Number) and be registered for GST
- Have a Queensland business headquarters
- Have a turnover equal to or less than $300,000 for the current financial year
- Business cannot be insolvent or have owner/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
Key Application Documents
There are a number of documents to be aware of in relation to the Small Business – Business Basics Grant. The WorkDash team have compiled a complete list of these documents here:
- Application guidelines
- Terms and conditions
- Frequently asked questions
- Preview of application form
- Statutory declaration sample
- Choosing a supplier
What Can The Grant Be Used For
The Small Business – Business Basics Grant can be used by Queensland businesses for a number of different activities. There are 5 funded activity priorities:
- Training & coaching
- Website building or website upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession
Need Help Filing Your Application?
Do you need assistance filing your application to the Small Business – Business Basics Grant? We can help! WorkDash can provide free quotes to include in your grant submissions. We also can assist with grant submissions, starting from $299 including GST. Click here to get in contact with our team today via our website.